Today I visited The Stone House.
It’s a beautiful ruin–and very story worthy. I know the true history of the building, but a Twitter friend said it would make a great story prompt. I was thinking exactly the same thing.
So you tell me: what’s the story?
Let’s make it a contest.
- EDITED! EMAIL me your story by Midnight on Monday, June 27. Email address is michelle [dot] simkins [at] gmail [dot] com. PLEASE do not leave stories in the comments–I might miss them.
- Word count should be 2,000 words or fewer.
- My writing buddy will choose the winner to assure no favoritism on my part.
- The winning story will be posted here on my blog on July 4.
- In addition to the dubious honor of appearing on this here blog, the author of the winning story will receive a free critique of a short story form ME. If you are unsure of my qualifications to offer critique, you can read the short stories I’ve posted on the blog before you decide to enter. Or you can ask my writing buddies, who will probably be honest with you (but who might think more highly of me than I deserve).
If you would like more pictures to inspire your story writing, you can see many more pictures of The Stone House in this album on my Facebook page (the album is public, so you can see it even if you’re not my facebook friend).
Ready? Set? WRITE!